Wednesday 8 December 2010

Happy Student Day!

Hi, dear friends! Today is 8th December- the "Student Day" in Bulgaria. I'd like to greet you and the students from all over the world with this wonderful song!
Be Happy!
Kind regards, Reny

Wealth


People have been talking about me for a long time,
that I always haven't got a dime,
but I' m prepared to argue with just anyone,
whether it's the most important thing in the world.

I live on the very last floor
in a mansard,right under the stars
the window is my door,
and I walk towards them and ask them

Whether,in time,here,under the stars,
the same old window will still be lit,
will people still be listening to ''Beatles''
and will they be reading the eternal poets?

Will the landlady come by early,
with a muffin and a cup of coffee
and instead of asking about the rent
she will smile-''Did you sleep all right?''

And will it sound incredible again
to someone,if a certain person claims
that he has the greatest wealth-
a window and the countless stars!

2 comments:

Betina Astride said...

Big hug for all the students. Nice song, Reny. Thanks.

billabung said...

Thank you, Betty! You are so kind!
Best wishes to your students!
Kind regards, Reny