Monday 7 February 2011

Nai or Pan Flute

Dear, Valy and friends!
I'd like to share with you something interesting about Romanian traditional musical instruments. When Valy posted the children's video "Alunelu, Alunelu", I remembered that I've listened to its "nai" or pan flute yet. It was when I visited Romania the last year.
The nai is a Romanian and also Moldavian diatonic pan flute used since the 17th century and used in Lăutari formations. It is best known as the instrument played by Gheorghe Zamfir/Wikipedia/.
You can watch a video of "nai" and listen to this fantastic music presented by Gheorghe Zamfir!
Kind regards, Reny

8 comments:

Betina Astride said...

Thanks, Reny.
The pan flute sound is very typical and beautiful.
Thanks for the information and for the video.

billabung said...

You're welcome! I'm glad that you liked it!
Greetings from Bulgaria, Reny

Valy said...

Reny, thank you!!! :) For us as Romanian this means a lot. I am happy to know that people from other countries know something nice about our traditions and about Romania. Gheorghe Zamfir dedicated his life playing the "nai"/ pan flute and "talking" in this way about Romania and its beauties.

mpetry said...

Thank you! I like Gheorghe Zamfir's music very much!It's a good music for resting.

RaifVAT said...

Many thanks Reny
I liked much the sound of this instrument.Did you hear about Pan Flute 2010 Best Of Constantin Moskovich? He sang songs in Turkish with Pan Flute. I wish you a fascinating listening to the pan flute.

billabung said...

Thank you very much, dear friends! I'm glad that you liked Zamfir. In Bulgaria we don't know a lot of him but when I watched this video I just "fell in love" in music... so I'd rather to greet and wish you:
Happy Valentine!
Kind regards, Reny
PS: Dear Raif, could you please to send me something interesting about Constantin Moskovich? I'd like to listen to his musical works! Thanks!

Svetla Popova said...

Dear Reny, thank you for this video. It is a pleasure to listen to this tender music - I could be moved into an another space and time. Music has universal language. It can be understood by all people, regardless of what language they speak. I fell in love with the music of Gheorghe Zamfir. Thank you, thank you!Svetla :)

billabung said...

Thanks so much, Svetle!
Be Happy!
Kind regards, Reny